• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S9-80 Display problems

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 25, 2010
Texas
Friend has an S9 80 bought it last year worked great until a couple days ago, for no reason we can see the displays for channel and frequency just went all retarded, can't make out what channel or freq your on. I had seen some other posts where people bitched about the LED's burning out, but this isn't that problem, it's just all jacked up reads all goofy and jumps around. I would think it's probably a solder problem as most China garbage is plagued with bad solder joints. But was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem and remedied it already. I searched on Google but couldn't find this problem, just the LED's burning out problems, which like I said, isn't the case with this one, just scrambled up.

TIA

If it's under warranty the Radio Shop in Ontario,CA will fix it for free. They are the factory service center for Magnum.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.