• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

magnum s9 no tx need docs

DT307

Nov 21, 2019
magnum s9 9821r20
no tx output only slight rf getting to pa stage.

finals ,driver,predriver,pre-predriver all pulled and checked good tr56/43/44/45/46

wet finger on the balanced modulator pins (ic3) about 20w out or on the pre-pre driver 60w output

i think the issue is where the red wire comes from rear to a transistor on the front solder side next tied into the fm full power diode d506 as if i fit a diode i get 5w output on fm and am nothing on ssb (i can hear my self on a near by radio but not enough rf to drive the pa stage )

looking for a block diagram and a voltage chart so i can continue
(have contacted pallomar and no reply)

c122 also tested good and 8v feed to ic 3 (not the an612 i have on my diagrams but a standoff board with i guess an upgraded version )

yes thanks..nothing what i need i guess no 1 has them as Eric did mail me back and said all he has is on cb tricks ......find it odd the people that make them dont have a voltage chart or a block diagram. oh well old school bit by bit it has to be then

Well, does it have that "TP 6 TP7 TP8" stuff - how's that doing - do you get any voltages?

You know, AM Regulator stuff...

You can always post a pic of your board and if it's the older S9 series - I believe they use a Galaxy equivalent board layout - should be pretty simple for others to recognize and help you out...

Reactions: Robb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.