• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum

Keith710

Jan 14, 2018
i saw a magnum one for sale on eBay not long ago and the title said"It's back" the new magnum1. Then I saw an update page on cb tricks for 2019 that gives some mod info and other info on it. I'm not seeing any for sale at any online shops other than the one I saw a few weeks back on eBay. So does anybody know if the radio is actually being produced again or just someone selling old stock?

i saw a magnum one for sale on eBay not long ago and the title said"It's back" the new magnum1. Then I saw an update page on cb tricks for 2019 that gives some mod info and other info on it. I'm not seeing any for sale at any online shops other than the one I saw a few weeks back on eBay. So does anybody know if the radio is actually being produced again or just someone selling old t
i saw a magnum one for sale on eBay not long ago and the title said"It's back" the new magnum1. Then I saw an update page on cb tricks for 2019 that gives some mod info and other info on it. I'm not seeing any for sale at any online shops other than the one I saw a few weeks back on eBay. So does anybody know if the radio is actually being produced again or just someone selling old stock?

There is in fact a new batch with small revisions to the main pcb. They're only available from limited sources so finding one isn't as easy as your other more common radios. Yes the newer version is "back" but it wasn't a big production run so there's no telling how long they'll be around. The only one I've seen to advertise them is lester but there's other sources if you do a little digging.

Turds....all of 'em.
I personally owned 2 of them for a short while and wasn't really impressed with the TX performance. RX was ahead of the Ranger built rigs though. They had quirks like talkback and backlighting issue within the just a couple months of owning them and not even that much use. Now the hard core ssb users love them because they don't drift. For me, I wasn't impressed so I unloaded them for a couple of anytone rigs that have done me well. Turds I can say they are

My all time favorite is the Delta Force, one of those best ever radio's for me. My Omega Force S45-HP is also a very good performer. The Magnum 1 I have has been sitting for several months, I was considering selling it. I have run it for several weeks now and am really liking it again. Gets great audio reports in the local area as well. Wish it had memory channels though.

For you fellas that got a good one that's great, for me it just didn't work but that's only my personal experience. I am that guy that gets the one or two in a million that's no bueno just too bad it doesn't work for a jackpot. If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any at all hahaha

My all time favorite is the Delta Force, one of those best ever radio's for me. My Omega Force S45-HP is also a very good performer. The Magnum 1 I have has been sitting for several months, I was considering selling it. I have run it for several weeks now and am really liking it again. Gets great audio reports in the local area as well. Wish it had memory channels though.
I have one of those too. Damn good radio. Talk about modulation that radio has it all over the others. I set my dead carrier at 2 watts and swing to 80 watts.
That "Top Gun Modulator" is the cat's ass.

I should have got the AT-6666. It would be my fourth AnyTone radio; 3 have worked flawlessly for years. I was seduced by the Magnum 1's wild look and glowing beauty, which has now gone!

My Magnum 1 has lived a life of luxury as a base station since new. No good reason for the backlight to fail. I've been searching the internet for repair information.

Reactions: Eldorado828
I should have got the AT-6666. It would be my fourth AnyTone radio; 3 have worked flawlessly for years. I was seduced by the Magnum 1's wild look and glowing beauty, which has now gone!

My Magnum 1 has lived a life of luxury as a base station since new. No good reason for the backlight to fail. I've been searching the internet for repair information.
Yes sir, no reason for such a thing. Like you I thought it looked sharp but the brightness did not last. I made no attempt at repairing them, was so disgruntled I unloaded them. Now own 2 at-6666 and so far so good. After a few months the only issue I find is the channel encoder gets finicky but it's doable.

Reactions: BBI

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated