• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Make money reselling on Ebay!!!!!!

psycho

Running a special on our rooms!
Aug 25, 2006
Floriduh
I bought a used Texas Star 350V from a local for $80......fair to good condition. All I had to do was remove the 5" long power wires and the 3 butt connectors (ROTFLMAO) on each line and replace with 12" leads.
Put it on Ebay with no reserve and it sold for $142 plus shipping. If the idiots on Ebay want to hand over their money, I'll take it.
I think I'll supplement my fixed income by selling used TS amps!
Since 40% of Americans think Obama is doing a good job (latest poll), that leaves 150,000,000 potential numbskull customers for me!

I would like to find a t/s amp for $80.00 even if it was a 350 I'm looking for a 400 saving a few $$ here & there for it because I'm not lucky enough to come across a deal like that.

I would like to find a t/s amp for $80.00 even if it was a 350 I'm looking for a 400 saving a few $$ here & there for it because I'm not lucky enough to come across a deal like that.

There were quite a few TS400s on ebay in the past 3 months and some even sold CHEAP.
Of all the old school TS amps IMO the 400 is the best. The price of them will probably jump way up there being the price of 2290 pills has almost doubled.

ebay and paypal both suck. Ebay seller fees plus the 3.5% that paypal tacks on.

This is what keeps me and several other people from selling on Ebay although I cant lie and I often think about selling there because of the money that can be made as stated in this post.

Im just a little gun shy due to the large amount of deadbeat bidders and morons that love to cause trouble there you know the ones that you could never make happy even with every scratch you can find on photo and a lenthly description of the item.

I have 100% feedback there and want to keep it that way and not lose it to some con man that p[lays the ohh its not what I expected how bout you refund $50.00 I keep the iten instead of shipping it back and we call it even!!! Yeah right thats how some of these people make a living.

This is what keeps me and several other people from selling on Ebay although I cant lie and I often think about selling there because of the money that can be made as stated in this post.

Im just a little gun shy due to the large amount of deadbeat bidders and morons that love to cause trouble there you know the ones that you could never make happy even with every scratch you can find on photo and a lenthly description of the item.

I have 100% feedback there and want to keep it that way and not lose it to some con man that p[lays the ohh its not what I expected how bout you refund $50.00 I keep the iten instead of shipping it back and we call it even!!! Yeah right thats how some of these people make a living.

The only problem I have had buying or selling on Ebay (other than fees) was just one asshole who listed a radio as "New Old Stock" and it had an Expo 100 kit installed in it plus the case screws looked like they were rounded out real bad......plus the radio did not even work. I contacted the seller about a refund and he stated "No refund and I will drag this on for as long as it takes".
I have been noticing that a bunch of POS amplifiers keep getting sold and then resold for double what they were worth......a bunch of fraud going on, but if you are careful no problem.

if i post an amp for sale on ebay, the police snatch it in less than an hour. happens every time, but i see blatantly obvious 11 meter amps reach the end of their auctions and it makes me wonder why? i never make any reference to cb's or 11 meter in the auctions and they still get pulled.

How many times has the police been to your house?

In Pennsylvania - the only time I have ever saw the police get involved with CB radio was when there was a trucker on channel 19 or something swearing and someone called and reported him in Brookville PA along I 80.

Those Brookville cops don't mess around when it comes to collecting fines and making money.
I never even knew that it was in their jurisdiction to police the air waves.

Chop was referring to the ebay police who pull illegal cb ads for their site.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.