• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Marko 100f mobile amp high swr

I know this is a very old thread, but seeing these made my day. I used to build these amps back when I was a kid and haven't seen one in years. The guy who made these used to own a shop in San Gabriel, CA. called J&S CB's and firearms. He passed away many years ago now. Looks like someone fubar'd this one up good, lol

I know this is a very old thread, but seeing these made my day. I used to build these amps back when I was a kid and haven't seen one in years. The guy who made these used to own a shop in San Gabriel, CA. called J&S CB's and firearms. He passed away many years ago now. Looks like someone fubar'd this one up good, lol

Wild!! I grew up in San Gabriel and don’t remember seeing a CB shop in town. Any idea where it was? The city is VERY different now.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Wild!! I grew up in San Gabriel and don’t remember seeing a CB shop in town. Any idea where it was? The city is VERY different now.

It was on 926 Las Tunas, I just looked it up. Looks like there's a pizza hut across from it now. The guy who owned it was named Joe Motzl. We built several 'brands' of amps back then... Marko, Power Pump, and Bear Cub come to mind. I learned a lot from Joe.

It was on 926 Las Tunas, I just looked it up. Looks like there's a pizza hut across from it now. The guy who owned it was named Joe Motzl. We built several 'brands' of amps back then... Marko, Power Pump, and Bear Cub come to mind. I learned a lot from Joe.

Think it’s a Shakeys pizza I think. Around what year did that shop exist? Too bad it’s gone.

Think it’s a Shakeys pizza I think. Around what year did that shop exist? Too bad it’s gone.

Actually Shakey's is on the same side of the street but a block west. When I started working there I was 16yrs. old, so that would have been around 1984. The shop itself started in the 70's, and though I'm not exactly sure when it closed I think it would have been in the early 90's.

Actually Shakey's is on the same side of the street but a block west. When I started working there I was 16yrs. old, so that would have been around 1984. The shop itself started in the 70's, and though I'm not exactly sure when it closed I think it would have been in the early 90's.

I didn’t know that there was a Pizza Hut up there. We used to go the the one on Valley Blvd near the Edwards Drive-in. Wait...we’re close to the same age! I was 14 in ‘84....did you go to SGHS???

I didn’t know that there was a Pizza Hut up there. We used to go the the one on Valley Blvd near the Edwards Drive-in. Wait...we’re close to the same age! I was 14 in ‘84....did you go to SGHS???

I didn't know there was a pizza hut there either, but that's what I saw on google maps. lol

No, I grew up in Duarte for the most part. But I went to Covina High, graduated in '87.

I didn't know there was a pizza hut there either, but that's what I saw on google maps. lol

No, I grew up in Duarte for the most part. But I went to Covina High, graduated in '87.

Ah ok. Probably a “modern” Pizza Hut. I am thinking of the old school sit down restaurant with the table top Pac Man machine. Fun times!! Covina is still in the SGV so rock on! Class of ‘88 here.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.