• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mast thrust bearing?

KJ6CYD

Dec 8, 2009
Hi,
I need to make two thrust bearings for an antenna mast. I have two thrust bearings with a 2” id. What I am looking for is an idea or cross section view of how these bearings are retained and bolted to the plate of the tower. Any ideas or links appreciated. I do have a machine shop in my garage so machining these is no problem. Thanks and 73!

KJ6CYD, Larry

Hi,
I need to make two thrust bearings for an antenna mast. I have two thrust bearings with a 2” id. What I am looking for is an idea or cross section view of how these bearings are retained and bolted to the plate of the tower. Any ideas or links appreciated. I do have a machine shop in my garage so machining these is no problem. Thanks and 73!

KJ6CYD, Larry
Texas Towers, Rohn Thrust Bearing Page

I use a flat top rohn tower, so mine just bolts to the top of the tower. If you haave the other type, you will have to buy a plate to put inside your tower above your rotor to support the weight of the antenna and mast.
mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.