• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maybe CWM can Help?

While 7018 is classed as an all position rod, It works best in flat and vertical down.
The term "Drag Rod" is correct, with the proper settings, in the flat position, you can strike a Arc and lay the rod on the metal, and it will run a bead all by itself.
Best "all around rod" I have ever used is 6011, it is a true all position rod, and very forgiving of less that perfect setup.
A great field repair rod.
To get back on topic, I am not sure what you are going to do about RFI from the welder, in reality, it is a huge spark-gap machine.
We use Plasma cutters at work to cutt stainless a lot, you should hear the hash and trash that they make.
Good Luck.

Jeff

Just to clarify things off topic anyways but being a certified pressure vessel welder I have always used 7018 as a uphill rod when welding vertical it is of very little use downhill.

Humm, I have run a lot of 7018/lowH down, and never had a problem. I am not a cert welder, but I have done my share of repair, and found it to work just fine that way.
I must just be lucky?

Jeff

welder

If your welder is running an hf box or hf arc stabilizer, it does require proper installation to limit rf interfearance and falls under fcc regs. If it is properly installed, ie grounded and wired, nothing can be done. How ever, I put rf filters on the power feed of my 300 amp welders and it greatly reduce rf interfearance going back into the power lines. Allowing my hf packet to run while welding wear as befor I could not. But when I run the hf box, forget it, all bets are off!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.