• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MB1 SDR HF Radio

The Prime model is ready for shipment.
USD $7190.00
Think I'll order 2:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Maybe they'll offer a scaled down version for half the price.
Wait, that'll still be $3600! :eek:

On another note, it appears the Yaesu FTDX1200 is being discontinued according to Gigaparts and DX Engineering where it's no longer available. Something new on the horizon at Yaesu that you know about?

Couldn't find a thread on this.
Looks nice for someone with deep pockets.
Anyone seen one?

Absolutely remarkable! I haven't scrolled down through the replies yet but I'm assuming someone has posted the price. I'm not sure what that price is or if most of those in the know think it's worth it. But it was inevitable that SDR transceivers would eventually develop into something that would not require an external PC. And I guess this is it. If it's the only one produced I'm not sure about that but once again I'm sure as I scroll down I'll find that answer out. I must say it is a terrific looking transceiver. For HF antenna parts and to VHF. No need for external antenna switching if born has a farm. 4 HF and to VHF should be plenty of in tennis. Certainly enough to cover every band legally conceivable and if your ticket allows you to go there the touch of a button will certainly get you there with the antenna needed for that particular band. I am not a ticket holder I am just curious. I am definitely going to look it up online as I am curious about the output. It certainly looks large enough to be a 200 watt transceiver but then again with a built-in PC and power supply maybe not. Either way it looks like a piece of artwork. Thanks for sharing riverman.

Absolutely remarkable! I haven't scrolled down through the replies yet but I'm assuming someone has posted the price. I'm not sure what that price is or if most of those in the know think it's worth it. But it was inevitable that SDR transceivers would eventually develop into something that would not require an external PC. And I guess this is it. If it's the only one produced I'm not sure about that but once again I'm sure as I scroll down I'll find that answer out. I must say it is a terrific looking transceiver. For HF antenna parts and to VHF. No need for external antenna switching if born has a farm. 4 HF and to VHF should be plenty of in tennis. Certainly enough to cover every band legally conceivable and if your ticket allows you to go there the touch of a button will certainly get you there with the antenna needed for that particular band. I am not a ticket holder I am just curious. I am definitely going to look it up online as I am curious about the output. It certainly looks large enough to be a 200 watt transceiver but then again with a built-in PC and power supply maybe not. Either way it looks like a piece of artwork. Thanks for sharing riverman.

Thanks for posting.
I know looks are supposed to be way down the list when purchasing a radio, but dadgum this thing looks good!
I'll never afford one but can still daydream. :D

https://www.nsiradio.com/store/MB1-...ceiver-100W-with-ATU-and-8GB-memory-p78949475

The one shown is the Prototype "Prime" model for FCC approval (not yet ready I believe)…
Anyway USD $ 6500 +/-
All the Best
Gary
Wow! $6500! It has to do so much more then a flex or comprable sdr that needs an external PC in order to justify that type of money. One could purchase an excellent PC for around $500. And although I'm not sure what the latest flex or the like is going for price wise i would assume it's nowhere near $6,500. As River man mentioned deep pockets for sure! it's probably an understatement. One would really have to be so into SDR to be interested in one of these. And probably sell some of their prized pieces of equipment in order to raise the money in order to be able to afford one. Once again it has to do so much more then the most recent SDR transceivers that need an external PC. Just having a building PC and power supply in my opinion doesn't justify paying $6,500 for it. It has to be a top-of-the-line flagship competition transceiver that has the best of everything. DSP band width adjustable excetera excetera excetera excetera excetera and and and etc. I just thought of something I wonder what the highest output transceivers on the market are? The most I've seen are 200 Watts.73

D992lrg.jpg

D992 Yaesu FTDX9000MP $9995.00 SOLD
The FTDX-9000MP is the special order version of the
FTDX-9000 series featuring 400 watts.

Two Pairs of Meters, plus LCD Window; Data Management Unit and Flash Memory Slot Built In

Main/Sub Receiver VRF, plus Full Dual Receive Capability

HF+6M Amateur Transceiver

External 50 V/24 A Switching Regulator Power Supply and Speaker with Audio Filters

Reactions: Mudfoot
On another note, it appears the Yaesu FTDX1200 is being discontinued according to Gigaparts and DX Engineering where it's no longer available. Something new on the horizon at Yaesu that you know about?

The FTDX101D and FTDX101MP are the newest Yaesu models I know of. I guess something had to go and the 1200 was it.

Reactions: Riverman
The ftdx 3000 @ $1300 and an ameritron 811H @ $900 should make any operator a happy and proud owner of a terifter station. Add a nice 4, 5, or 6 element beam for under $400 and you're in like Flint.
This 9000mp is a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley. Purely a status symbol and most likely a sign of overcompensation. That's just my opinion. I know there will be some who disagree. I'm sure the 9000 MP does a few things that the 3000 can't but one could use the saved $7,300 to purchase a nice looking fully drivable ready to tear up the streets 1970's muscle car. The 1970 Monte Carlo with a 396 would be my choice. And most likely have enough money left over from that dream car purchase to purchase a 7300 for that Monte Carlo.
I would bet that yaesu doesn't sell any more than 30 of those 9000mp's worldwide in any given year (since and as long as it's available.)
The 9000 MP is a niche market transceiver. A transceiver for the rich or someone willing to spend the almost $10,000 they've been saving over the last 5 years in order to go on that dream European vacation they've been dreaming about for nearly 20 years. It's just doesn't make sense purchase an almost $10,000 transceiver. Even for someone who has that type of money to throw away what does the 9000 MP do that the 3000 can't?
It's sort of a rhetorical question. I'm sure there are many options that the 9000 MP has over the 3000. But is the almost $8,000 difference between the two transceivers really worth it? I could buy the ftdx 3000 + 811 h and still have enough money for me and my girl to spend a week in our ancestral country of Italy. Sorry if I got carried away. LOL I just think it's totally absurd. A $10,000 transceiver. LMFAO! 73 ps. I've been ill for a while and haven't checked in to my favorite website. I hope all have been doing well. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. And I wish everyone a great summer. God bless. Jojo 111 NJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRATT
I've never been one decide what someone else should do with their money. I wouldn't pay $900 for an 811h but wouldn't give anyone grief for walking into HRO and buying one.

The ftdx 3000 @ $1300 and an ameritron 811H @ $900 should make any operator a happy and proud owner of a terifter station. Add a nice 4, 5, or 6 element beam for under $400 and you're in like Flint.
This 9000mp is a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Bentley. Purely a status symbol and most likely a sign of overcompensation. That's just my opinion. I know there will be some who disagree. I'm sure the 9000 MP does a few things that the 3000 can't but one could use the saved $7,300 to purchase a nice looking fully drivable ready to tear up the streets 1970's muscle car. The 1970 Monte Carlo with a 396 would be my choice. And most likely have enough money left over from that dream car purchase to purchase a 7300 for that Monte Carlo.
I would bet that yaesu doesn't sell any more than 30 of those 9000mp's worldwide in any given year (since and as long as it's available.)
The 9000 MP is a niche market transceiver. A transceiver for the rich or someone willing to spend the almost $10,000 they've been saving over the last 5 years in order to go on that dream European vacation they've been dreaming about for nearly 20 years. It's just doesn't make sense purchase an almost $10,000 transceiver. Even for someone who has that type of money to throw away what does the 9000 MP do that the 3000 can't?
It's sort of a rhetorical question. I'm sure there are many options that the 9000 MP has over the 3000. But is the almost $8,000 difference between the two transceivers really worth it? I could buy the ftdx 3000 + 811 h and still have enough money for me and my girl to spend a week in our ancestral country of Italy. Sorry if I got carried away. LOL I just think it's totally absurd. A $10,000 transceiver. LMFAO! 73 ps. I've been ill for a while and haven't checked in to my favorite website. I hope all have been doing well. I hope everyone had a great 4th of July. And I wish everyone a great summer. God bless. Jojo 111 NJ.

It would definitely be overkill and a status symbol in my case. :D Guess I'll hang onto my pickup instead.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.