• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

meter light

MNTSIDE

Jan 31, 2021
Good morning
Can anyone tell me what the size of the meter lights are on the cobras
Im thinking 3mm bit not sure

Thanks
Kevin

I would say 5mm. The 3mm are a lot smaller than the installed bulb

A 3mm vs 5mm vs incandescent bulb.
meter1.jpgmeter2.jpg

This guy used a 3mm.

This guy looks to have installed a 5mm

This ad suggests either size depending on meter.

meter_led.jpg

Last edited:
I put one of those RGB LED's in a galaxy 2547 once with a 7-position switch on the back. It had red green blue white orange purple and turquoise settings. It just used resistors (trial and error picking them), none of that fancy PWM stuff.

Reactions: walterjn
My experience is the color changing lights make a buzzing while changing colors. I bought two radios that had the color changing light and removed them. To me they seemed a bit hokey but some of the colors were great.

My experience is the color changing lights make a buzzing while changing colors. I bought two radios that had the color changing light and removed them. To me they seemed a bit hokey but some of the colors were great.
Because most are pulse width modulated at an audio frequency to control the brightness of each color and the pwm circuit sometimes lacks filtering. When I did it, I used DC and resistors to control brightness. There was no hum at all. I've heard that hum on other radios though.

Reactions: Low_Boy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.