• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Meter readings for SB-200

Hulkster said:
lords said:

Thank you very much! :D
Plate: 500 ma max.
Grid: 100 ma max. (white area in meter).
after I load and then tune to max I back the load down and do a loud hum for a nice low key and a nice swing. 11 meters of course. looses around 50 watts but also doesn't fully load the amp on key-up...Just my opinion :)

good luck

lords said:
Hulkster said:
lords said:

Thank you very much! :D
Plate: 500 ma max.
Grid: 100 ma max. (white area in meter).
after I load and then tune to max I back the load down and do a loud hum for a nice low key and a nice swing. 11 meters of course. looses around 50 watts but also doesn't fully load the amp on key-up...Just my opinion :)

good luck

Well, the last week i put a new set of tubes in my SB-200, and i obtain 7 times the input power, in 11 meters > 20 w in = 140 w out, 30 w in = 210 w out (carrier). I never use more than 200 watts in AM with this linear. With this i still obtain a few swing (aprox. 300 watts AVG). :)

I run my 200 with a 150 watt dk. Pep 700 or so. Drive it with 10 to 12 watts dk. Pep of 125 or so.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.