• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

meters

Yea, I have the rat shack meter mentoined above. But I'm installing a sweet 16 behind a 2970N2 and needs some accuracy, don't want to make any of that fancy "smoke"

{Cry_river}

If you are spending that kind of money, just buy a Bird line section and movement. Nobody said it was cheap to run power.

Reactions: 1 person

I wouldn't buy from anybody calling a Bird 43 a RMS meter. But nm3e always had decent deals on line sections and slugs. Just buy the housing from FatBoy.

Bird meters are the tits. I have 2 dual line sections and a single line section with 4 movements and countless slugs. It's the most versatile, rugged setup I've come across. I even feed my oscilloscope with one holes of a line section.

I like the Astatic 600 meter I have...only thing with this meter sure would have been nice if it had a 2kw scale in it instead of the 5kw scale....

Also liked the fact I was able to keep a eye on my swr when I used the amps, was a nice feature to have..

I bought a Rat shack meter off 359 a few months back and he told me it read close to what his Bird meter did in watts, ect....since I got it Ive used it, seems to be a pretty good meter....

Have to admit tho, its nice seeing those big watts on those Dosey, meters ect, but it would also be nice to see the true watts the amp or amps is doing..

I wouldn't buy from anybody calling a Bird 43 a RMS meter. But nm3e always had decent deals on line sections and slugs. Just buy the housing from FatBoy.

Bird meters are the tits. I have 2 dual line sections and a single line section with 4 movements and countless slugs. It's the most versatile, rugged setup I've come across. I even feed my oscilloscope with one holes of a line section.

I wasn't suggesting he buy that one. Instead of posting 5 different links I posted one as an example. A little Google he can find everything and save some coin also. Guess I should have explained.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I bought a Rat shack meter off 359 a few months back and he told me it read close to what his Bird meter did in watts, ect....since I got it Ive used it, seems to be a pretty good meter....

I used to keep that meter in my lower console with a section of patch cable, I used it for spot checks when I traveled a lot and things were acting goofy. I've said it on this and other forums, that Radio Shack meter is probably impossible to beat for the money.

edit_____

But! I don't think I'd run an 8 pill thru it :)

Reactions: 1 person
The funny thing is, a 43p will read more watts than a Dosy. So I never got the whole Dosy joke.

The Dosy is just an average reading meter while the Bird 43p is a true peak reading meter and therefore will display the peak value which is higher than the average value. That's why it reads higher.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.