• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ 108"

Cheech

Apr 6, 2005
Medina county Ohio
I noticed that MFJ is making a 108 inch stainless whip. The whip is not intended for CB but its a true quarter wave or closer than the 102". Are theese any better than the 102? I have yet to see the picture but it would be nice if it was not as flexible! Just wanted to know if anyone has used one and can give me some info. 73s

Cheech,
I haven't seen one, but if it's anything like the rest of their antennas (except for the Hygain ones), I think I'd give it a 'pass'. Having some experience with a mobile antenna (and tuner) from another company of about the same length supposedly covering from 30 Mhz down to around 7 Mhz, forget the whole idea! It could be heard, but that's not saying much, especially on the bands where 108" ain't even sort of close to a 1/4 wave.
- 'Doc

you get them and they're actually a 102" solid stainless steel not copper core. alot stiffer than a regular 102" from the truck stop or cellshock shack. they do that so you can get a spring or what ever to lengthen the antenna so you dont have to cut down a new whip. usualy a 4 inch or 6 inch will make it tune right up. 8)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.