• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ-5393MK PTT Switch

loner556

Apr 17, 2011
Conroe, TX
I've got an MFJ-393MK headset with the MFJ-5393MK 8P modular adaptor for the TM-D710. The adaptor requires a PTT switch via a 1/4" Audio mono plug (2 pin). The 5393MK didn't come with any schematics.

For the PTT switch, do I just wire a normaly open switch that closes the two pins on the 1/4" mono plug when pressed?

I've looked online but my googlefu was weak last night. I'm probably overthinking this but don't want to smoke anything by making an assumption.

Thank you for any input on this.

For the PTT switch, do I just wire a normaly open switch that closes the two pins on the 1/4" mono plug when pressed?

I don't know that headset, but that's probably all you need. I really would be surprised if it would hurt anything to try it.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know that headset, but that's probably all you need. I really would be surprised if it would hurt anything to try it.

Moleculo, Thanks for the comment. I finally got some iron time last night and this one was on the list. Tested with the headset. Works great.

PTT housing was printed on the 3D printer. The switch is a Radio Shack NO momentary push button (one from the 4 pack). The cord strain relief is a radio shack 3.5mm stereo plug housing (just the plastic part) cut to fit the print.

loner556-albums-ptt-switch-picture3733-dsc04831.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated