• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ duplexer How to

dxing440

Apr 10, 2011
Ive got a cobra 29 lx and a rci 2950 and only 1 antron. The 29 is for 11M and 2950 is 10M. Is a duplexer what i need to operate both radios on 1 antenna?
And, does the (Radio) im not using, need to be OFF? Or does it matter?

Yes...

and Yes...only need one radio t a time on anyways..and no need for spatter over un used radio by leaving it on and thus also causing feedback likely

I have never seen nor heard of a duplexer for 10 and 11m. The bands are too close for a duplexer to filter and split the two bands. A GOOD switch with high isolation is what is needed and yes, turn the unused radio off.

Reactions: 1 person
Jessejamesdallis returned my signature but it was broken so I had it sent out for repairs.

Alex,...... can I buy a vowel? I'll buy an "A"

Jessejamesdallis returned my signature but it was broken so I had it sent out for repairs.

Alex,...... can I buy a vowel? I'll buy an "A"

:unsure: All I can say is (1)- It was in the wee hours of the morning on the night shift, (2)- I was at work at the time, and (3)- using a phone online to edit text is not a good idea considering the first two excuses. :blink: Now what does that have to do with duplexers? :whistle:Notice how I changed the subject to divert attention to my glaring error. Thanks for being subtle about it. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
No you don't use a duplexer for 10 and 11 meters. I think MFJ makes a switch similar to an antenna switch that lets you switch between several different radios and antennas or just one antenna. This is what you need.

Thx for the replies, I did get an mfj 2pos antenna switch at the birminghamfest this past week end, and it works great. THX AGAIN

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned