• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ Moxon

I want to thank all of the gentlemen and ladies (if applicable) who chimed in on this thread. It was a wonderful read. I too purchased a 15 meter MFJ moxon. I will use this on 11 meters (27.205) but I will try to scale the 15 meter model down to 11 meters rather than using the calculator. I will be using a center freqency of 21.225 Does this sound logical? I'm not sure where the MFJ-1895 designed center freq is???

Last edited:
Elliot, I have the manual. I'll try and model the MFJ-1895 Moxon as per instructions. Then I will check the match and tune 21.225 Mhz, if I can. Then I'll try and scale it to 27.205 Mhz and tune as necessary.

Does this sound like a plan for my bud?

73's
Marconi 39zero - Grandpa on the air.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Elliot, I have the manual. I'll try and model the MFJ-1895 Moxon as per instructions. Then I will check the match and tune 21.225 Mhz, if I can. Then I'll try and scale it to 27.205 Mhz and tune as necessary.

Does this sound like a plan for my bud?

73's
Marconi 39zero - Grandpa on the air.
Sure does..thanks a bunch. Take your time...no hurry. Good hearing from you.

Sure does..thanks a bunch. Take your time...no hurry. Good hearing from you.
Qur plan has hit a snag.

The Moxon calculators won't allow for various tube diameters, so I can't scale the model from 21.255 MHz to 27.205 MHz precisely. So, I did the scale process by hand to verify that the numbers that I was getting were correct. The calculator I used was (Moxgen Rectangle Calculator) and it did the process correctly, but it only allowed me to use one wire diameter for the whole antenna. So, at best this might get you close to start. However, you will likely have some tuning to do.

So, I averaged the MFJ 1895 tubing diameters to get 0.625" for your 15-meter tubing, so it won't help you as much as I had hoped. Now I understand why Moxon folks have issues with these calculators. Some calculators don't even allow you to enter the wire size into their calculator at all.

There is a very good article in the Mosley Devant Manual I posted in the Mosley thread. Check out this article, "The CB Operator and His Antenna Problems."

Here is a link to the Mosley thread.

www.worldwidedx.com/threads/mosley-27-mhz-antenna-designs-ground-plane-dp-275-27-devant-special-11-meters.265271/

Models are below and I gave you a list of wire diameters for both models.

73's and God Bless you,

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa on the radio.

Attachments

• Elliot's Moxon Exnec Models.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Qur plan has hit a snag.

The Moxon calculators won't allow for various tube diameters, so I can't scale the model from 21.255 MHz to 27.205 MHz precisely. So, I did the scale process by hand to verify that the numbers that I was getting were correct. The calculator I used was (Moxgen Rectangle Calculator) and it did the process correctly, but it only allowed me to use one wire diameter for the whole antenna. So, at best this might get you close to start. However, you will likely have some tuning to do.

So, I averaged the MFJ 1895 tubing diameters to get 0.625" for your 15-meter tubing, so it won't help you as much as I had hoped. Now I understand why Moxon folks have issues with these calculators. Some calculators don't even allow you to enter the wire size into their calculator at all.

There is a very good article in the Mosley Devant Manual I posted in the Mosley thread. Check out this article, "The CB Operator and His Antenna Problems."

Here is a link to the Mosley thread.

www.worldwidedx.com/threads/mosley-27-mhz-antenna-designs-ground-plane-dp-275-27-devant-special-11-meters.265271/

Models are below and I gave you a list of wire diameters for both models.

73's and God Bless you,

Eddie - Marconi - Grampa on the radio

Thanks Eddie, this gives me a real good starting point. This antenna is not too complex so I won't try to brain storm this project. I owe you cold beer or maybe a nice cranberry juice...lol. Thanks again my friend

Elliot, cranberry juice will be great if no sugar. If you have any questions, just let me know.

73's and God Bless

Marconi

Hey Elliot, how is the weather up your way.

Did I ever send you my Moxon Model revision for 11 meters?

73's

Eddie

No you never did . Not too bad lower 50's
Where o' where did my memory go.

I should be over the wonderful Thanksgiving I just had, good Turkey and all the fixings.

Put me in the bed...most of the day. :sleep:

I'll get on it tomorrow Ellott...before or after the WWDX contact-party on channel 16 LSB.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioShockwav
Sorry Elliott, here is the 11-meter Moxon model with the dimensions noted.

Good luck in your new built. Keep us posted.

73's and God Bless you,

Eddie - Marconi
Thanks Eddy, I will keep you updated. Hpefully I can get this antenna in the air before the snow arrives. Thanks again my friend. 73's

Reactions: Marconi
Not familiar with the Mosley. The 2000 and the 99 will be about the same performance wise and the 99 is cheaper. The Moxon is directional & horizontal pol so comparing it to the 99 & 2000 is a bit like comparing apples to oranges as they say.
That's my 2 cents worth...

Reactions: Crawdad7

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated