• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic Adapters

riverrat373

Aug 2, 2012
OK all you microphone gurus out there, I have some questions for you. Would a 4-pin female yaesu FT-101 to 8-pin male Kenwood mic adapter allow me to use Kenwood mics such as The MC-50, MC-60 or the MC-85 on my Galaxy DX159 CB? :confused:

Yes and no, yes the adapter is what you need. Just look up the mic wiring for both radios and match up and move the wires to the corresponding pins on the mic adapter that match the Galaxy. Typically you only need 3 pins wired for GND, PTT, and audio. The rest from the 8 pin side are for aux accessories, 8v supply, etc so no connection needed,

The world would be a much easier place if all wiring was standardized.

Yes. As long as you stay away from any 8 pin configuration that needs power. If you need power on a pin your radio would need to be mod'ed to send power up a pin. Traditionally Kenwood 8 pins where unpowered but I think that changed at some point. I know Icom 8 pin sends power up a pin on modern Icoms.

You never want to send power to a dynamic element.

Oh and you will either love adapters or hate them. A lot depends on who made the adapter!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated