• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mic cable for yeasu MD-1

missouri 69

Jun 14, 2005
missori
hi
I posted this in "tech" section a week ago , so I am going to post it here also..
I am needing the mic cable for a MD-1 mic to go to a yeasu 757.....8 wire with 8 pin connectors on both ends..
I have tried ham radio outlet, amature electronics supply, rf parts, 1 stop electronics, none of these have one or are willing to make one...
anyone have an extra one ??
thanks
sam
missouri 69

Those plugs are fairly easy to solder, but if you feel like you can't do it yourself try contacting local commercial two way radio dealers to see if they could do it for you.

I cannot solder worth a damn but I have soldered those 8 pin plugs before. I use a magnifying lamp, thin rolls of solder, a soldering pencil and putty stuck on a heavy wieght to hold the plug still. It ain't pretty, but it works.

M-69, one would think that would be a common part?
Have you tried R&L Electronics or Burghardt amateur?
Give both of them a try,there is also yaesu parts they might have one?Let us know how things go,in the mean time i will keep looking.
73,Stu

8 wire mic cord

thanks for the suggestion of Burghardt amateur they will make me one for $30 plus shipping....it will be straight wire instead of coil like the original, but at least they are willing to make one for me...
I will still try to find a used one cheaper ...if not I will have one made up
thanks
again
sam

M-69 I still have one more card up my sleeve,i'm waiting to hear back from yaesu tech support.They might have one but i'm sure it will be exspensive.Good luck
73,Stu

dxChat
Help Users