• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic fo Yaesu FT-101ZD

PALADIN

Aug 26, 2009
piedmont, sc
:) Hi to all. Bought a Yaesu FT-101ZD at the Shelby, NC hamfest. Did not have a mic. with it. Found a mic. in the outside flea market that was wired for the rig, but, when I got back to his spot, he had closed for the day and left. He wanted $50.00 for it.It looked in good condition. I should have got it when I had the chance.:cry::cry::cry:So, does anyone have one or know of one I might get? Thanks in advance for help.(Oh, BTW, I passed my test and got General. Should get my call this week.)

You could always get an aftermarket mic to work with it. Or keep your eyes on ebay....

I see you are in Piedmont. I am not too far away in Easley. Send me a PM if you are interested in a D-104 ready to use on ft-101zd for $45.

I used a Heil Goldline (GM) with mine, they also have a Goldline Vintage (GMV) for the vintage radios.....always had great audio reports with the GM on my "ZD" and my "E"....

Mike

A Shure 444 or 444D would sound great on the FT-101ZD, and I have one wired for it.

Presently, I'm using a like new (new old stock) Shure 522 desk mic on my mint Ft-101ZD Mk III. The response curve is the same on this Shure as that of a Heil Gold Line.

Shure 522 picture

Find these mics on eBay for a song... I did. They're unidirectional, provide plenty of drive, have a wonderful response curve, and sound fantastic!

Good luck.

I have seen the Shure 444 or 444D on alot of FT 101 radios and they all sounded great.Also seen a few D-104 mics and they sounded great to.A bit more tinny that the Shure but still sounded great

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated