• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic parts and refurb

awz71

Sep 30, 2012
I have an Astatic 575 and a old RK 56 mic that I want to refurb. The foam inside the mics have deteriorated and I am looking to replace it. What's a good replacement foam to use inside the mic's?

I have found that replacement Miller furnace filter foam is the same thickness and density for use as a replacement.

A google search would be your best friend here.

Good luck.

I néed some new foam for my 575 also. Got à 636 that is crachy sounding on key up. Took the switch apart. Sanded the contacts with steel wool. Lubed the contacts and moving parts with à little silicone grease. Now it's crachy again. Do I need to get à Workman switch from Ebay to fix the problem?

Never use anything abrasive on those contacts. Most are silver plated,and if you remove it you will have nothing but trouble with it.

your best bet when cleaning those is alcohol or beleive it or not for those really dirty contacts a couple drops of brake cleaner on a cotton swab seems to clean them up nice without damaging the metal surface.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.