• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic wiring for a Johnson Messenger 250

W

w527

can anybody tell me which pins are what on a Johnson Messenger 250? i am trying to wire a Turner +3 mic to it and can't seem to find the correct order. if i get RX, i don't have TX,and if i get it to TX , then i have no RX - should be a piece of cake but it's not been that way so far! the mic has an electronic and a relay switch,i have it in the relay position with no luck either way. somebody please help!

73's for now!

Bob - W527

</p>

can anybody tell me which pins are what on a Johnson Messenger 250? i am trying to wire a Turner +3 mic to it and can't seem to find the correct order. if i get RX, i don't have TX,and if i get it to TX , then i have no RX - should be a piece of cake but it's not been that way so far! the mic has an electronic and a relay switch,i have it in the relay position with no luck either way. somebody please help!

73's for now!

Bob - W527

</p>

Here is a link that may help you. If I find anything else i will edit this message.

www.radiomods.co.nz/mikewiring.html

If you can not find what you need there, try this:

Pin 1: White

Pin 2: Shield

Pin 3: Red

Pin 4: N/C

Pin 5: Black

charger1001.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/ucharger383.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Charger383</A> at: 10/15/01 4:22:36 pm

Here is a link that may help you. If I find anything else i will edit this message.

www.radiomods.co.nz/mikewiring.html

If you can not find what you need there, try this:

Pin 1: White

Pin 2: Shield

Pin 3: Red

Pin 4: N/C

Pin 5: Black

charger1001.gif
</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub86.ezboard.com/ucharger383.showPublicProfile?language=EN>Charger383</A> at: 10/15/01 4:22:36 pm

i hate wiring mics! hey thanks charger. i didn't see that model on the link you gave but i saw one that might work.i'll also try the #'s you gave- as soon as these fat fingers of mine aren't sore from the soldering iron.

thanks again,

Bob - W527

</p>

i hate wiring mics! hey thanks charger. i didn't see that model on the link you gave but i saw one that might work.i'll also try the #'s you gave- as soon as these fat fingers of mine aren't sore from the soldering iron.

thanks again,

Bob - W527

</p>

did anybody ever figure out what the wiring for the msg 250?i tried both of the abouve and either no rec or no trasmit.i know for a fact the turner+3 desk mic will work on the 250 it was my first base radio in 1969,same radio same mic.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.