• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 13-882 manual and schematic

sunbulls

Apr 25, 2017
Midland had 3 versions of the 13-882. This covers the earliest “plain version” that CB tricks omitted. The stand out feature in some of these early crystal matrix radios are the two transformers some of them utilized in the audio chain. I found this particular radio a little strange concerning their impedance matching scheme. This oldest version has a 16 ohm speaker in series with a 33uf electrolytic cap. It’s interesting to see the progress that took place in a relatively short period of time with the later B and C versions. Hopefully the transformers are still good if you ever plan to restore their first version, otherwise I suggest finding another parts radio. The common single transformer that’s utilized in the B and C will be of no help. The C version is the most popular with its O2A chip. I can’t grab those up fast enough at a garage sale if the price is reasonable.

Midland 13-882 schematic.jpg

Attachments

• Midland 13-882 service manual.pdf
    15 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: brandon7861

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.