• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 13 883B Mods

Have a look here:

Jeff

Have a look here:

Jeff
Thats the 40 ch version.

So it is Crystal controlled?
If it is like the 895 you have to add a crystal.

Jeff

No idea if this particular modification works or not:

It's mucking around with what looks like the right pins to get you higher.

To really figure it out you'll need to create a truth chart of the channels that are available now and then extrapolate that to find the channels you want. You could start with the one in Sam's CB-142, but then you'll need to fill in some blanks as that doesn't include the pins that hardwired high or low.

You could also change the PLL loop downmix frequency, but you'll need a crystal and oscillator circuit to do that. A 15.64 MHz crystal should get you 24-51, minus existing channel skips. Changing the frequency doesn't change the wiring on the channel selector so those will still be there.

Or you could get one of those three digit BCD thumbwheels and program the N-codes into the PLL directly.

Another option would be putting in a microcontroller and controlling the radio from a computer. But that's custom programming and not very portable if you want to run this in your car.

So perhaps the problem isn't a lack of mods, it's a plethora of them.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated