• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 13-892

secret squirrel

Lustrous Potentate
Oct 5, 2008
Washington, PA
Ok, I got a new project that showed up this week, E-bay estate sale. Pretty clean. Receives AM well, very quiet on the white noise static side, meaning if I drive around town I am not getting noise from stop lights and over head low power lines. I do not have transmitted audio. The mic it came with was a white rectangular hand power mic with aqua colored cord, no battery so I am using a stock Midland coffin mic. When I key the mic I hear a click from inside the radio and the RF meter on the radio swings backwards. However I have clear voice through the PA when I hook a speaker up. Planning on making an appointment for the old girl at the docs. My guess is someone had it dead key way to high in the 1970s. I always wanted an old SSB radio for the homestead collection. Got it in package deal with old JcPenny SWR/Watt Meter. Old back of set antenna, Radio Shack Power Supply. I do not claim to be a tech, as always all opinions welcome.

Reactions: codecxbox

your radio has a 1306/1307 RF transistor pair, and these are worth gold..probably more than the radio itself..always watch your current at the DC connector and feel for hot spots at the back..

Reactions: secret squirrel
I recently recapped my 13-892, its a great radio!!!. I was thinking about doing the same making a base radio out of it, except I figured the VFO would be analog as I have an nice old gear driven variable out of a TS-130s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.