• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 5001 z PTT squeak.

I found the alignment procedure for the 5001z on the FCC application of all places.
https://fccid.io/MMA5001Z

So I cleaned out the glue and figured out what was what on the board vs the schematic. And what I thought was a can in the final stage was actually the lock voltage. Now I have the attached PDF I was able to set it correctly and it seems stable now. No more squeaks or buzzes and it keys everytime.

and fyi for the searchers in the future
rv2 - amc
rv1 - squelch adjust
rv3 - s meter
rv4 - rf meter
also attached the schematic

Very cool I'm going to give this the whirl. How does it work on the outer edges of the extra channels?

Right on if we can get rid of the squeak on the outer edges even that's even better. I'm almost thinking we should explore broadbanding that vco because it does drop almost 2 Watts at the lower band edge. If anyone has any insight on how I would go about that that would be greatly appreciated

Revisited for a few minutes. On both rigs that I have here I got the squeak to stop on channel 19 but it squeaked on the outer edges about 10 channels into either side so I need to figure out how to broadband the vco so I could cover the entire extra channels range without that happening

Reactions: Handy Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.