• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 75-822

You notice any obvious difference?

On the china 980 the screen is tougher. It didn't scratch near as easy. The Vietnam made 980 you can't even wipe the skin of your finger on it without scratching it. it may not be the case with all of them but in my case it was. Could be a coincidence.

I think all of them are Vietnam made now. My first one was china made. If you get one from amazon it will be a Vietnam made unit. I put a zapp squeegee type screen protector on my 980 and the scratches are gone. Can't even see them now. I'm happy with the Vietnam unit. I added a modified galaxy heat sink to the rear of mine. The 980 gets hot.

I use an 822 hooked to lil will works fine a little noisy but not that bad ,go to local hardware store and get two inch rubber o ring slip it on the belt clip and you can hang the radio on a knob or switch on the dash !

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.