• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 77-838

VillageBus

Feb 21, 2015
I am new to the CB world and am looking for some help/advice on a Midland 77-838 that I have. Last year I purchased a 1954 Flxible bus which was converted into an RV in '83. It came with a Midland 77-838 installed above the driver's seat. Last year as my wife and I were driving on the highway a semi-truck next to us motioned to chat on the CB. Unfortunately while the CB turned on (success!) we could barely hear the audio yet the signal seemed to be moving depending on the channel we set it to. So the other day I decided to investigate things further and I removed the entire unit from the dash. I've managed to 'clean it' by basically blowing air over the control board and make sure that none of the insulators or wires were damaged, stripped, or touching another. The volume is much louder now (not sure what really 'fixed' it) but there is still a decent amount of static in the reception. I'm thinking that maybe the antenna on top of the bus could be the culprit here. Any thoughts?

Is there anyone who I could send the CB to to have it professionally cleaned and tuned up?

Thanks so much for helping a novice here! ~Brian aka VillageBus

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.