• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 77-882 squeal/oscillation on rx

Uncle Ronnie 336

Apr 28, 2020
This radio was very good looking cosmetically but was in my fix pile because it didn't have any modulation and real muddy audio so 90% of the problem was solved with a electrolytic recap. The radio is kicking a good solid 18 with a stock final and I did the NPC mod. So my transmit audio has no issues my issue is when I have the volume up a little bit and someone's voice comes through and it starts oscillating. Just looking for pointers on what to attack because this radio is about to be really sweet

By the way I have two more 40 channel chassis radios to recap with the same internals made by RCA and GE so any knowledge I pull out of this will be applied to Future recaps. And just this last week I brought a bunch of 23 channel radios back to life including a cobra 26 so I've been busy my friends I just haven't been posting about it too much

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?