• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midnight Special MF-300

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I have a midnight special MF-300 It's a mosfet amp Low,med high with preamp and auto ssb. does anybody know any thing about this amp.I don't think it's working properly. I think it.s one driving two. from X-force.
showing low 30 rms 100 peak
med 32 rms 115 peak
high 36 rms 130 peak all with a 2 watt rms dead key

X-Force no longer makes that amplifier because the finals are no longer made. These are the same finals in the RFX-75 outboard amplifiers that several Magnum radio's use. After Sam Lewis from RF Limited (Magnum) passed away many Magnum radio's ceased production. What ever company was making these finals for magnum pulled the plug as well. Magnum has never stated what final it was that they had re-stamped as an ERF-7530.

That said hopefully what ever the issue is it's not a blown final, if it is good luck finding a replacement. So far no one has nailed down what actual part number it is. Good luck.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.