1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

might get a General HP40W 10 Meter Amateur Ham Mobile Radio AM FM Blue LED 100W

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by lucifer, Jul 13, 2018 at 5:26 AM.

1. lucifer

lucifer New Member

I know i need it converted to CB any one owns one what do they think of it

2. kopcicle

kopcicle Well-Known Member

$300 i'd rather spend on a root canal .

n8fgb and fourstringburn like this.
  3. M0GVZ

M0GVZ Sr. Member

They're not amateur radios. No amateur would be seen dead buying one. They're advertised as amateur radios to get around FCC certifications.

n8fgb and binrat like this.
  4. jon666

jon666 Well-Known Member

its a glorified CB radio with no ssb. better off with a rci 2950
    just my opinion.

5. codeman

codeman Recovering Crackerhead

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

6. codeman

What they said above. However I still have its cousin a connex 3300hp and it is a good talking radio. If you are looking for a glorified cb and have the money why not if that's what you want. They are good sounding radios IMO.

But for that money a radio with stable sideband would be a better choice. I wish I had bought a sideband radio many years ago instead of spending my money on Cobra 29's, Connex radios and the such.

But if you dont care for sideband and want decent power from a radio without an added amp I think that General Lee would serve you well.

7. sunbulls

sunbulls Well-Known Member

I can’t get past any radio with blue LED’s. That fad has seen its day IMO. A lot of people that followed the blue cult and bought into those LED’s thinking it were cool, later regret it. One of worst color choices as it is extremely hard on the eyes to look at for any lengthy period. Truckers soon found that out while driving at night.

sp5it, codeman and undertaker like this.
  8. codeman

Yeah, I am guilty of having my old Connex display turned into blue. Very bright at night indeed. But I was oh so cool. :ROFLMAO:

undertaker likes this.
  9. Jeff L

Jeff L Member

Nope, I’d rather go back to the ex wife and pay two times alimony than get another BS “10 meter” radio without SSB. Blue LEDs are like an obsession with LEOs in my opinion. Forget the fad and go with what works.

(Side note: my 447hpc2 is used to its fullest extent on AM daily, tho I’m not sure as much as my ex wife lmao)

10. undertaker

undertaker Undertaker

Get yourself a stryker 955 hp...……….You will be very pleased!!

11. jon666

jon666 Well-Known Member

yes good choice

12. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Active Member

Decent radio. I would run one in my truck where I only needed AM and not SSB. They put out about 60W low power and about 85 to 90 Hi power. The older ones were much better than the new ones. My opinion

13. jon666

jon666 Well-Known Member

i have the 5th radio in the first batch i have hardly used it. ill hold on to it
    until its worth the money i paid for it