• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

might get a General HP40W 10 Meter Amateur Ham Mobile Radio AM FM Blue LED 100W

They're not amateur radios. No amateur would be seen dead buying one. They're advertised as amateur radios to get around FCC certifications.

Reactions: n8fgb and binrat
What they said above. However I still have its cousin a connex 3300hp and it is a good talking radio. If you are looking for a glorified cb and have the money why not if that's what you want. They are good sounding radios IMO.

But for that money a radio with stable sideband would be a better choice. I wish I had bought a sideband radio many years ago instead of spending my money on Cobra 29's, Connex radios and the such.

But if you dont care for sideband and want decent power from a radio without an added amp I think that General Lee would serve you well.

I can’t get past any radio with blue LED’s. That fad has seen its day IMO. A lot of people that followed the blue cult and bought into those LED’s thinking it were cool, later regret it. One of worst color choices as it is extremely hard on the eyes to look at for any lengthy period. Truckers soon found that out while driving at night.

Yeah, I am guilty of having my old Connex display turned into blue. Very bright at night indeed. But I was oh so cool. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: undertaker
Nope, I’d rather go back to the ex wife and pay two times alimony than get another BS “10 meter” radio without SSB. Blue LEDs are like an obsession with LEOs in my opinion. Forget the fad and go with what works.

(Side note: my 447hpc2 is used to its fullest extent on AM daily, tho I’m not sure as much as my ex wife lmao)

Decent radio. I would run one in my truck where I only needed AM and not SSB. They put out about 60W low power and about 85 to 90 Hi power. The older ones were much better than the new ones. My opinion

i have the 5th radio in the first batch i have hardly used it. ill hold on to it
until its worth the money i paid for it

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?