• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Mighty Magnum 3

Absolutely No doubt there are better antennas out there but this thing has been talking Skip like crazy when locals around me aren’t getting acknowledged. This was the first antenna I ever had back in the late 70s.it works well and looks cool LoL. I’m leaving it up.

Always wanted to try an Astro Plane.
As with anything, some people say they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and some people say they totally flat out suck.
I guess I just have to find one and find out for myself.

Reactions: RT431 and Marconi
Always wanted to try an Astro Plane.
As with anything, some people say they are the greatest thing since sliced bread and some people say they totally flat out suck.
I guess I just have to find one and find out for myself.

When my A/S "Super Mag" bit the dust during an ice storm I replaced it with an Astro Plane. Locally, it was pretty much the same as the Super Magnum but with the Avanti antenna I was able to talk to stations on Long Island for the very first time (my QTH was in CT, just South of the Springfield, Ma. border) :cool:

Years later I bought an Astro Beam, but, that's another story...:sneaky:

Reactions: Marconi
The AstroBeam is an excellent antenna. Two of my friends had them. The back door on them were amazing. If they were turned away from me, they couldn't here me. The side was as good. Wish I could find one.

Reactions: Woody-202
The AstroBeam is an excellent antenna. Two of my friends had them. The back door on them were amazing. If they were turned away from me, they couldn't here me. The side was as good. Wish I could find one.

You're right about that! I had someone a few miles away from me and when I turned that Astro beam the other direction his bleed over no longer bothered me. That was a big antenna too.:D

Reactions: RT431

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.