• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Miniature, flexible shaft coupling

GnG8d

Jun 28, 2010
Ohio
After poking around a bit, I wound up on McMaster Carr's website and found these "Oldham" type, zero backlash couplers. They're only 1/2" diameter with a 5/8" stack height. They only had acetal or nylon discs available, so I got the nylon, but teflon would be better IMO. Either way, they work pretty good and are pretty smooth if you need something small. I made the mistake of braking a cabinet before I had components, and should have left more room, but it all worked out.

2d315374.jpg

e985f110.jpg

PS, don't mind all the overspray, I used scrap aluminum because it was cheap, but it had to be painted and I hate painting.

I think they are actually named LOVEJOY couplings
LoveJoy is a brand name, and the jaw type coupler is what most people refer to as a LoveJoy because it's the most common. You probably see them most often when an electric motor is coupled to a hydraulic pump.

The Oldham is a sliding disc coupler.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.