• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Minor issue....I think?

Sorry, but got busy...Glad you found it!

This is a "tiki-twiki" issue, for the USB and LSB filter coils, their band pass - one rises, the other falls - against the inductive effects of their slugs and their position, or aspect, in the inner form of the slugs' core..

What does this mean - it means you may / should - tweak the USB Slug of remove some of the lower "Bass" the coil can reach down for in where it is positioned in it's core. It sounds by symptom, to me (IMHO) that the USB slug needs tweaking - in which direction, listen to the tone from the speaker, you need to raise it's tone slightly higher to offset the bass part (shift the bandpass of audio up slightly more up in tone - more to treble - like you're adjusting tone control on Dads' old Car Radio.

Which one? The one that affects the USB vocal bandpass...L26 -which heads off to the Balanced Modulator (TP5)

Just a little update..... L24 is LSB and L25 is USB. What I did was (probably wrong) dead key the radio in LSB, adjust VR6 to the lowest obtainable reading then adjust L24 until the power meter fell as close to zero as possible, it's about half a needle thickness from dead zero. Did the same thing on USB. Now when I key the needle still shoots up a little but drops back to zero after modulation ends. Haven't had a chance to test it on the air yet. Into a dummy load it seems to be doing good though.

Hey!

Good to see you stopping by!

Remember too, the "crunch" of noise on some mic's that comes from the key switch - power mic's especially makes/generates a type of - low frequency (or even the higher "tink") rumble that gets thru the audio to affect the "spike rise" and then settles down - the power behind the noise may be gone - but the analog effects are still being seen.

Wishing you the best for the Holidays!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.