• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mixer IC I think

Smokinone

WDX-3820
Jun 24, 2020
Southern Nevada
Does anyone know what this IC is or if there's possibly an availability? I can't seem to find anything on it.

mixer.JPG
28 pin. This is in a Royce 611. I'm supposed to be getting 10.240 at pin 18 and it's not there. I have the 10.240 at the X-tal.
thanks

I stitched together the sams schematic for the 611 (from the scans that were shared here a while back).
Royce 611.jpg

Last edited:
I have a schematic of the 611 from a member here. I just ordered the SAMS for the 611, but that was all before I took any measurements of the PLL etc.
I did go to CB Tricks and read all the schematics of the radios I listed to find out that those radios above all had this mixer/amp in them. However a search for the mixer/amp has been fruitless. Ken's has a showing CCI2001 with a ? mark after it so I'm thinking these are not going to be available unless from a junk radio...unless I get really lucky otherwise. I'm guessing this has what I have seen as a "sardine can" PLL?

PLL_is_here.jpg

The PLL is here in this area, along with the X-tal, and covered with metal enclsure. I get 10.240 on one leg of the X-tal, but not on pin 1 of the PLL. I also get the 10.240 on the pin 12 of the CCI2001/mixer, but not at pi 18 where it's supposed to be.

I don't see anything showing on the X-tal with my O-scope, but do get the freq on the freq counter.

I'm no tech, but I can poke around and take measurements etc., and get more confused.

Thanks

I get 10.240 on one leg of the X-tal, but not on pin 1 of the PLL.
If it is the same PLL unit that I made a schematic for (621), the 10.24 is on pin 2, not pin 1. TP1 is pin 2 on the PLL unit.

Edit: Its not. Looks like a different PLL from the alignment procedure, sorry.

This one has a 2002 PLL, and the TP1 is the test for the 10.240
On pin 2, TP2, if I remember I get like 18 or so mhz, slightly higher than what spec is.
I appreciate the help though, keeps me thinking.

Attachments

• Royce 1-611001.pdf
    643.1 KB · Views: 1
Probably not much help, but the 607 manual confirms the part number as CCI2001 and it had a block diagram for the radio (with the CCI2001 components circled with a dotted line).
royce607.png
royce607bd.png

If you look at the channel selector ribbon post I made, the 5th picture in shows how the F101 sits above the 2001. I had pulled that out to recap it. A lot of little daughter boards in this thing.

So by looking at this, the PLL should have the 10.240 at TP1, and be feeding it to the 2001 mixer? Or am I reading this the wrong way.
Yes. The RX signal at 27MHz is mixed with the VCO signal at 17MHz to produce a 9MHz signal that is then filtered externally and put back into the chip to be mixed with the 10.24MHz signal from the PLL unit to produce the 455kHz signal for the second IF filter (which is amplified and sent to the detector)

Can you disconnect pin 18 or cut the trace to see if the 10.24MHz signal is getting to the chip? If it shows up with pin 18 disconnected, the problem would be within the 2001. If it does not show up on that trace with the pin disconnected, it is probably something before the 2001 causing the problem.

Or pull out C107...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.