• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mobil antenna

Robalo

Aug 21, 2006
California
Road master z-180 good or bad ?

6' 7" gives this antenna a loud mouth and big ears. 20% more power and db gain than Wilson or its competitors. Water Proof, Base Loaded with a Freq. range of 26 MHz to 30 MHz. Has a Carbon Tapered Stainless Steel Whip with a Antistatic Tip for less noise.If you want your mobile to sound like, and receive like a base unit, this is the antenna you must have. Can be mounted anywhere. If it does not out shoot and hear better than the Wilson, THIS ANTENNA WILL FIT ANY WILSON MOUNT. the RM Z-180 antenna, it is a truly fine antenna system. The magnetic base allows you to drive up to 90 miles an hour with no llift, and the antenna is fantastic as far as receive and output. Very broad banded, too! Have gone from 25.650 to 28.900 with great SWRs! Highly recommend this unit."

Robalo,
At the very least, dang good advertising! After that? It just sounds too good to be true.
That's 20% more gain than a Wilson. Okay, which Wilson? Water proof? Tell me the truth, have you seen many antennas that weren't water proof? I haven't. Carbon tapered stainless steel, so what. Base loaded, okay, why not. Freq range of about 4 Mhz. Does that mean that is has good SWR over that range, or that you can cut it short enough for 30 Mhz? The cutting it part I can accept. The 'usable' SWR over a 4 Mhz range, uh uh, just not possible and the thing still be a decent antenna, sorry. BUT it'll fit a Wilson mount!! Thats great!
As far as the 90 mph with a magnet mount, well, don't tell anybody but there have been times when I've driven that fast with a single magnet 'Rat Shack' antenna. Great SWR from about 25.6 to 28.9 Mhz. Not quite 4 Mhz but still 'horse-hocky'.
But really great advertising!
- 'Doc

Oh! That 'antistatic' tip thingy, that's the little ball on top, right?

PS - Robalo, the sarcasm isn't aimed at you. I just have a problem seeing some company make such magnificent claims over such a 'ho-hum' standard type antenna. Then again, they are trying their best to sell them.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.