• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile antenna spacing cb-frs/GMRS

My apologies for such a tardy response, though I do appreciate all the feedback and bonuses!

Not quite sure how to quote everything in response to each person so I’ll sum it up as best as I can.

My truck is a full-size crew cab and the cb antenna I have now is NMO mounted at the rearmost part of the roof. The cb is a Uniden Bearcat 980 and the antenna is a laird c27s.

I currently have a NMO provision (bracket) on the front fender for a future scanner project. The lowest frequency that I intend to scan is 108ish MHz. Pretty much an interest in air traffic, both civilian and military.

Weather monitoring would be a waste since it is handled by the 980 anyway.

As for the mount for the frs/GMRS antenna, it would be the same as the cb, nmo mount. I waved past a midland antenna in favor for a laird b4505cs due to my own positive experience with the c27s.

I hope this helps in clarifying things and potentially assist the next guy if the shoe so fits.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.