• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Flatside Antenna's

Brotherman,
I have the preditor 10k flat. I am no expert on antennas but the antenna is actually a verticle with the stinger mounted horizontal. Members call them flatside but it is a verticle. The antenna really works good.

I understand thats its a vertical.. but since the stinger is mounted horizontally, I was thinking that it would be for talking flatside.

I was planning on getting one, but if they're just another version of a vertical, I'll just stick to my monkey made.

Brotherman,
It really is still a vertical, no change in polarization ('shape', yes. Polarization, no.). The horizontal part acts as a capacity hat for the vertical part...
- 'Doc

sherlock said:
Brotherman,
I have the preditor 10k flat. I am no expert on antennas but the antenna is actually a verticle with the stinger mounted horizontal. Members call them flatside but it is a verticle. The antenna really works good.
The horizontal antenna doesn't talk all that much "flat side" but keeps more of the signal on the ground and is a very good antenna for talking skip. Kale

I beleive I will be buying 2 predator flatsides after Christmas. I installed a bounce back system on my p/u truck and could tell a difference right away on the Dx.

I even got my name called on "the bowl" a few times during heavy conditions. I have never been able to do that with just one antenna. And I didn't even go through the process of fine tuning yet. That was with a monkey made as a hot antenna and a browning antenna as the relector(somebody gave it to me)

I just had to tell somebody, I tried telling my wife and she was looking at me like I had 10 heads on my shoulders..lol..

I have done the same thing with and 55 mobile antenna. I used and old element from a maco 103. ....it was the back door and grounded to the truck and the 55 was the hot one. That was a good dx talking set up. ...with a 8 pill

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.