• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile install

Simon004

Aug 16, 2009
Lancashire, UK
Just a quick vid to show the mobile install for you all, camera work is a bit dodgy but you'll get the idea, oh and all the poles in the car are for my home made 2 ele cubical quad......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9hPtQpobBw

No big amps on show there, I believe in letting the antenna do the work, just a couple of pics to show what we get up to on the hilltops over here.....

Here's the homebrew quad that's in the car in the video......

Quad1.jpg

and here's my buddies 4 ele yagi on the hilltop with my A99 just above it, we never put it up that high before and we never did again, we trashed the yagi when we brought it down :blushing:

beam.jpg

It's a Vauxhall/Opel Astra G, same car thats in the pic with the yagi. I installed taxi meters and VHF radio's for a few years so I picked up a few tricks of the trade :) I just pulled out the DIN pocket and drilled a hole in the back to run the seperation cable through and flush mounted the bracket with the front of the DIN pocket, the pocket simply slides back in and job done.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.