• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile radio with FM operation

bluelight1977

Oct 4, 2006
Hello,
what kind of radio do the best job on fm, modulation with stock mike should be loud and clear and i also prefer a sensitive receiver.

Chris

i have a 2950dx at home too but i´m not lucky with it, the receiver seems to be sensitive but there is a high noise ground level (s3 and up).
the stryker looks pretty well and i need a new unit for my car. 8)

there is another thing to explore
why not a used true ham radio

they all talk well on FM
many HF ham radios on Ebay and other such sites

In Norway we are only allowed to use FM mode with a maximum power of 4w. We need really good and sensitive receive to copy far away stations. My best for Fm is 2950dx/2995dx with a sadelta echomaster plus classic mic.

As you can see i dont follow the norwegian regulations but thats because my nearest local station is 38km away and Norway is not the most flat country on the world map. I prefer Fm and SSB.

The Lincoln is very good to, you cant go wrong with Ranger or Lincoln.

Correct, they are no longer manufactured but, you can still find them for sale. You can also contact doc at Doc's Electronics and I think Premiere Electronics still sells the lincoln. I was on there website the other day and it is still showing them selling the Lincoln.

My Magnum 257 was a bit deaf at first, but responded well to a tune...audio quality on rx greatly improved by an external speaker as well. Those little internal ones just don't cut it...

But still no-where near my Yaesu or Alinco.The Ham radios do it all so much better than exports..but of course you pay for it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.