• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

moble/base odd behavior in the car..

Is incorrect.

excellent and informative answer :pop: .... But would you care to elaborate on this? because it is contradictory to what I have been reading...

take an ohm meter connect it to negative and to the frame of the radio and report back if you get infant resistances

The frame and antenna connector is decupled with ceramic caps of varies points of the negative rail in side of the radio.. some how when I complete a circuit to the radio chassis to the negative power of the cars chassis. it is making the radio key off...
It is passing from the trunk lid mount of the antenna.

Last edited:
excellent and informative answer :pop: .... But would you care to elaborate on this? because it is contra dietary to what I have been reading...

take an ohm meter connect it to negative and to the frame of the radio and report back if you get infant resistances

The frame and antenna connector is decupled with ceramic caps of varies points of the negative rail in side of the radio.. some how when I complete a circuit to the radio chassis to the negative power of the cars chassis. it is making the radio key off...
It is passing from the trunk lid mount of the antenna.

so you're saying your SO-239 does not look like this?

Attachments

• Cobra_29WXNWST_032.JPG
    Cobra_29WXNWST_032.JPG
    443.4 KB · Views: 3
What, if anything, has been done to your two radios that make them different than the other radio that worked? Forget about that 'floating ground' thingy, that isn't going to be the problem. It's something that's different about both of your radios.
- 'Doc

What, if anything, has been done to your two radios that make them different than the other radio that worked? Forget about that 'floating ground' thingy, that isn't going to be the problem. It's something that's different about both of your radios.
- 'Doc

the 2 radios are from the 80's idk

it don't matter to be now as I think it is just the 2 radios and my friends don't do it.. we just swooped radios so all is good now...

If that is what your radio had, and it should be, than the chassis/frame of the radio, and the shield of the antenna, are joined electrically.

yes and because the antenna is connected to the body of the car the negative is passing down the coax...

same as the amp when it is plugged to the radio. it don't isolate the chassis/frame of the amp from the ground.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.