• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Modeling decoupling stubs in 4NEC2?

K7PLT

Mar 22, 2013
I am having a bear of a time trying to model (correctly) 1/4 wave decoupling stubs for a folded dipole that I have created in 4NEC2. I understand that you have to account for the capacitance, inductance, and parallel resistance of such wire configurations when modeling them in 4NEC2? Can anyone can explain the derivation of using RG-58A/U as a decoupler and the associated values for entry into 4NEC2??

I am at an impass to completing a project without the data. Thanks!

Having a more positive attitude may help!

What kind of stub are you using? Posting a picture with your .nec file would also help.

EVA,

Hmmm, I noticed you commented about having a 'better' attitude? Didn't realize I had a bad one to start with, LOL! :laugh: Anyway, if you noticed I did mention that type of '1/4 wavelength coax stub' I am referring to would be 'RG-58A/U COAX' and I would be applying it to a 'VHF/UHF FOLDED DIPOLE'. The specifics are irrelevant, I just need the process that one would go about adding the proper properties (resistance, inductance, and capacitance) to the 4NEC2 data input file for it to be modeled correctly . . . Thanks!

Don't know if this is what your after but..
Try this: the third from the right button across the top of the main menu is "matching networks" open that then in the upper right corner is a button "stub match " click that and I think you will find what you are after. I'm not sure if it adds the stub to the model or just allows you to "generate" using the stub/network you specify.
What values to pick is all you.
Hope that helps.
Good Luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.