• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MOds for ICOM IC 2200H

Thabet205

Aug 22, 2012
Dear DXers
im here for the first time and happy to be
wonder if any mods for ICOM IC-2200H that can be done without opening the Rig?

It would be nice if you introduce yourself, tell us where you are and what kind of Amateur Radio license you have before hitting us up for radio mods. It's the neighborly thing to do. :)

Myself

DEAR FRIENDS , SO SORRY FOR NOT STARTING WITH INTRODUCING MYSELF
WE ARE IN GAZA PALESTINE , STRUGGLING TO HAVE HAM RADIO HOBBY ALIVE .
AND SORRY WE DON;T HAVE ANY REGULATIONS FOR THAT.
SO NO ONE HERE HAVE A CALL SIGN, SO SORRY.BUT I GOT AN ICOM 2200 H BY CHANCE .
AND SO I WONDER IF U ACCEPT ME IN UR FORUM WITH ALL MY POOR QUALIFICATIONS.ANY WAY MANY THANKS FOR YOUR CARE ABOUT MY QUESTION:p:

ICOM 2200H RX Problems

:DHi, I'm new here, i'm from Malaysia my callsign in 9W2IES, QRA Sanusi,
I like to ask anyone here that's can help me with my icom 2200h rx problem,
the problem is if i turn SQL to 8, i cannot RX any audio. But if i turn the SQL to 7
(busy) i can hear the audio without strength bar, even the station i receive is only 100 meter from me. I already make All Reset, the problem still the same.
Can anyone help me.

still learning in amateur radio
9W2IES :sad:

The 2200 has a RF squelch as well as a regular squelch,it overrides the regular squelch from a sub menu that is 2 or 3 layers deep in one of the main menus..The RF squelch acts kind of like a RF gain,the higher you turn up the squelch the more it cuts back the signal.

I have a 2200 H as well and mine has the RF squelch turned on and I cant for the life of me figure out how to shut it off. :censored:

I know it is in the book for that radio so that would be a good place to start at

The 2200 has a RF squelch as well as a regular squelch,it overrides the regular squelch from a sub menu that is 2 or 3 layers deep in one of the main menus..The RF squelch acts kind of like a RF gain,the higher you turn up the squelch the more it cuts back the signal.

I have a 2200 H as well and mine has the RF squelch turned on and I cant for the life of me figure out how to shut it off. :censored:

:) I know it is in the book for that radio so that would be a good place to start at

thank's for your ripply ,anyway if you wanna turn off RF Attenuator, you can use icom ic 2200h programming software cs-2200 to turn off the RF attenuator and S- Squelch Meter.
I already turn off both, but it's still the same....:confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.