• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Moleculo, I see the forum running really slow?

Marconi

Usually if I can hear em' I can talk to em'.
Oct 23, 2005
Houston
This morning WWDX is running really slow, like molasses in winter time. Is it my computer or what?

I just went on CB Tricks and its screens popped up in a flash...like I think they should.

It seem OK on my end . On my phone right niw but my laptop was good earlier ths morning. I am noticing several sites running slow lately and there seems to be no relation between them.

On my end, i am seeing "waiting for adn.ebay.com"

it is about a minute delay in between clicks.

has there been a recent change in software that could be causing this?

Reactions: Robb
A minute?? Wow nothing more than a second or two here. Honestly.

yes the delay is there, about a minute and it is occurring for me only on this website.

you can stop with the condescending tone, this was addressed to mr moleculo as he is likely the only who can address this issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marconi
yes the delay is there, about a minute and it is occurring for me only on this website.

you can stop with the condescending tone, this was addressed to mr moleculo as he is likely the only who can address this issue.

So you think I have a condescending tone for simply and politely telling you the TRUTH. My reaction was WOW....that long hey? And it IS working fine for me. As for being addressed to Moleculo, yes he is the owner but I am an administrator here and get notices from him when there is an upgrade or work being done. So how about YOU stop with the attitude.

Nah Captain; it has been doing this for almost a week now. Just did not complain about it; perhaps I should have in retrospect. Looks like it is hanging up on the ebay refresh as stated earlier in this thread - IMO.

Nah Captain; it has been doing this for almost a week now. Just did not complain about it; perhaps I should have in retrospect. Looks like it is hanging up on the ebay refresh as stated earlier in this thread - IMO.

Now THAT has much better info. Thanks Robb. Again I will say no problems on this end of mine. Many times there are a few members, yes Marconi is one of thm, that say it is slow however I never have a problem. Maybe it is the ad blocker I run. Simply saying it is slow does not mean a whole lot. Lots of sit3s have been slow for me lately but this is not one of them.

Also to gamegetter, if you think I should mind my own business when something is posted regarding the state of the forum when it was addressed to Moleculo then perhaps you should mind your own business unless YOU started the thread. Better yet PM the boss and you won't get unsolicited replies.

Last edited:
Gamegetter thanks, but don't let this get out of hand. CK checked it out and didn't find anything wrong on his end.

Maybe the Captain didn't appreciate me saying "...the site was running slower than molasses in winter time.

:) and be :cool:

Again I will say no problems on this end of mine. Many times there are a few members, yes Marconi is one of thm, that say it is slow however I never have a problem. Maybe it is the ad blocker I run.

I normally allow adds when browsing this domain. With AdBlocker disabled this thread took 38 seconds to load. With Adblocker enabled this page took 2 seconds. This is repeatable with a cleared cache and reversible in the sense that I can start the process with AdBlocker enabled and see the same results. It also DOES appear the latency is related to the EBay module.

Gamegetter thanks, but don't let this get out of hand. CK checked it out and didn't find anything wrong on his end.

Maybe the Captain didn't appreciate me saying "...the site was running slower than molasses in winter time.

:) and be :cool:

Actually youbwere fine. No issue at all. I took exception to gamegetter and hus remark abiut me having a condescending attitude. It's all good with you. The comments about the ads makes sense now. I can let Tim know and he may need to do a little tweaking. Well I mean I can let him know as long as gamegetter does not think I am butting in to something I should just leave well enough alone. :whistle:

CK's last comment is really what gamegetter was getting at about attitude. CK just can't take the information and do his job.

CK, you are a mess.

CK's last comment is really what gamegetter was getting at about attitude. CK just can't take the information and do his job.

CK, you are a mess.

So my comment about seeing several non-related sites running slow lately is an issue? My local newspaper, QRZ.com, CNN, Ebay, and several others includinv one out of Audtralia and ond from the U.K. were crawling at a snails pace yesterday. None of them are related to any other as far as I know. As for being a mess Old Grampa better look in the mirror. As for doing my job gamegetter jumped on me for attempting to do it and YOU even "liked" his comments. Damned if you do and damnex if you don't I guess.

Oh BTW I had already PMed Tim about the issue after the first comments were made regarding the ad issue. Anyway enough is enough about this. The info has been passed along.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.