• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Monkey Made

roaddog69

Sep 8, 2008
Port Huron, MI
I found my old MM5 coil only it was missing the stinger, so my question is does it matter how long the stinger is, can I put 102' stinger on it? or does it have to be what the manufacturers says 58 inchs?

the stinger length affects the tuning of the antenna . if the tuning is too far off it can dammage yout radio or amp . monkey made antenna also use a fatter stinger than most other antennas but a 102 cut to proper length should work fine if you cant find a actual MM stinger . use a external meter when you tune it .

Just got my stinger for my mm5 today and its not like the 3/8 24 thread stingers,but the local cb shop said mine is different then other monkey mades he has seen,does monkey made use 3/8 24 thread for the stinger:confused:

Just got my stinger for my mm5 today and its not like the 3/8 24 thread stingers,but the local cb shop said mine is different then other monkey mades he has seen,does monkey made use 3/8 24 thread for the stinger:confused:

Monkey made uses 3/8 24 thread for the shaft (base of ant.)
The stinger has no threads.

Thanks Guys
It was missing the stinger and the set screw piece that screws into the top of the coil so I used a 102" and trimed it down and it works real good Thanks Booty

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.