• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base MoonRaker 4

C

cdx304

A few questions about this old vintage antenna .
!. Does Anyone know Element wall thickness
2. Does Anyone know Boom wall thickness
3. Has anyone had any real success with the quad reflector with front to back with high front to back over 50 db
4.I know the old three element i built before computer software had the highest front to back of any antenna with a standard yagi reflector
5. Has anyone changed the spacing on the elements because the center boom section is larger in diameter .
6.The gamma match shortening rod that breaks what have people made to fix this problem .Someone could say use the moonraker six gamma with no shortening bar but you would need the element mount have fun finding that piece .
So with that out of the way ,the antenna is light and has wind handling that is unseen in antennas today there has to be a few guys that have played with the antenna and has some insight into fixing a few of the antennas flaws 1.Gain 2.f/b 3.bandwidth 4.gamma
I have modeled the antenna and the only problem comes up is the 55 inch center section of the boom is 1 3/4 inch OD and the hubs have a diameter of 1 5/8 inches so to design some good working antenna you need to place element on the thicker portion of the boom ant that is a problem !!

It can be changed to other spacing That you want .As for the center element as fat as it is you can find tubing if you cant you can can shim up your smaler end boom and adjast it the way you want it. a gamma match you can Build you own . the wall thickness has to do with wind handling Thear ar a lot of Home mad beam out their Look around you will find good ones to copy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.