• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

more than one battery?

EDUK8TR

hossless,

If you get a second battery, I would recommend one of these.

www.1st-optima-batteries.com

I have the yellow top and It works great.

Wayne C.

CDX-787<BR
HR2510

Magna Force 900

D104M6B

MR. COILY Single Coil

educate-01sig.gif
</p>

Howdy, I am looking into getting a bigger amp, along with a bigger alternator. Would I need additional batteries? I thought automobile batteries were basically for cranking/starting the vehicle. Unless I plan on using my radio/amp while idling or with the engine off (NOT), wouldn't the alternator power the amp using just one battery? I now have a 60 amp alt. I want a 200 amp alt, this will be in addition to hopefully a 1000 to 1200 watt X-Force amp.

Thanks, Hossless

Galaxy DX99v,
Astatic 636L,
Davemade 200,
Texas Ranger ext.spkr.,
Spectrum 1600/base,
Coily single coil and Coily trucker
</p>

Howdy, I am looking into getting a bigger amp, along with a bigger alternator. Would I need additional batteries? I thought automobile batteries were basically for cranking/starting the vehicle. Unless I plan on using my radio/amp while idling or with the engine off (NOT), wouldn't the alternator power the amp using just one battery? I now have a 60 amp alt. I want a 200 amp alt, this will be in addition to hopefully a 1000 to 1200 watt X-Force amp.

Thanks, Hossless

Galaxy DX99v,
Astatic 636L,
Davemade 200,
Texas Ranger ext.spkr.,
Spectrum 1600/base,
Coily single coil and Coily trucker
</p>

If you have a single alternator charging a dual battery system, or if you have two batteries you are simply going to mount in parallel, you should (MUST) use a dual-battery isolator. Otherwise, if rigged in parallel, one battery will have a different voltage potential that the other and the stronger battery will see the weaker one as a load and try to charge the weaker battery up, therefore making less juice available at the 'good' battery.

A dual-battery isolator (basically a bunch of diodes) prevents this from happening.

Careful with that axe, Eugene.

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile
SuperStar Gr, KLV203, Wilson5K, 575-M6

Buttfuzz at the Base

Galaxy Class StarShip, A99wGPK, D104-M6B
Buttfuzz Built Deuce and a Quarter</p>

If you have a single alternator charging a dual battery system, or if you have two batteries you are simply going to mount in parallel, you should (MUST) use a dual-battery isolator. Otherwise, if rigged in parallel, one battery will have a different voltage potential that the other and the stronger battery will see the weaker one as a load and try to charge the weaker battery up, therefore making less juice available at the 'good' battery.

A dual-battery isolator (basically a bunch of diodes) prevents this from happening.

Careful with that axe, Eugene.

_____

Buttfuzz in the Mobile
SuperStar Gr, KLV203, Wilson5K, 575-M6

Buttfuzz at the Base

Galaxy Class StarShip, A99wGPK, D104-M6B
Buttfuzz Built Deuce and a Quarter</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated