• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfet Conversion on a Connex EPT360014B

Low_Boy

Jan 21, 2010
Rochester N.Y.

Remember the diodes are different the banded side goes to the left - looking from front to back rear panel and are you using Zeners too?

94VHPZENERD89D90.jpg

Or more like the AN1230 series with 1N4148s and resistors?

Regards!
:+> Andy <+:

Last edited:
NOT home yet but I have the diodes in like the picture and the diodes they call for. I can tell you the exact diode when I get home.Any other ideas?

IF you're only getting 1 volts to adjust max, then it sounds like a resistor in your divider network between either driver or final is still in - the 1969 ones (Bipolars) used like 47 ohm or so - which you may need to review the jumpers that send RF over FROM Driver TO Finals.

Tinytraces.jpg

Since you're doing the "dual-ly" there may be a jumper or trace you left in there connected...they are tiny...

Click Here to See how Connex Does it

Hope this helps!
Regards!
Drive Safe
:+> Andy <+:

if this is a single final to dual final type of mod, there is a jumper that needs to be added, but isn't in any of the instructions i've seen. JP91? can't remember.
LC

Yesterday was another long day. Didn't get a chance to look at the radio that much. But they're calling for rain this weekend so I don't have to worry about doing yard work ,so I could do radio work instead. I will be at it tonight and tomorrow. I was kind of thinking the exact same thing I left something in or forgot a
jumper. If there's a jumper they didn't mention that's supposed to be in there that's the one I forgot. Only had a quick chance to look at it with a magnifier while eating dinner .Thanks for the help

Thanks guys. Wow I must be brain dead. I was half sleeping when I did the adjustment. Bias is correct.

PART 2.
I was excited about trying this mod. My plan was to first do the final and driver. After all was working correctly I was going to slip in the second final. and make it dual irf520 finals with a 520 driver.
I do not think I will put in the second final and will put the radio back to stock. I am getting 15W PEP on low power and 18W PEP on high power. Very disappointed.

If anyone has tried this before I would love to hear your numbers.
Thanks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.