1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Mosfet Conversion on a Connex EPT360014B

Discussion in 'CB Radio Modifications' started by Low_Boy, May 17, 2018 at 1:26 AM.

1. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Active Member

The last of my parts showed up on a slow boat from china and I finished the duel mosfet IRF520 mod.
    http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/fet_papers/mosfet_conv/graphics/3600xxx_am_fm_mosfet.pdf
    On TR43 and TR44 adjusting VR 10 and 11, I can only get less than 1V on the gate. I just rechecked everything and I did not miss anything. Has anyone tried this mod? Am I missing something or are the directions I am using missing something?

2. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Active Member

Remember the diodes are different the banded side goes to the left - looking from front to back rear panel and are you using Zeners too?

94VHPZENERD89D90.jpg

Or more like the AN1230 series with 1N4148s and resistors?

Regards!
    :+> Andy <+:

#2 Handy Andy, May 17, 2018 at 3:04 AM
    Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 3:10 AM
  3. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Active Member

NOT home yet but I have the diodes in like the picture and the diodes they call for. I can tell you the exact diode when I get home.Any other ideas?

4. Handy Andy

Handy Andy Active Member

IF you're only getting 1 volts to adjust max, then it sounds like a resistor in your divider network between either driver or final is still in - the 1969 ones (Bipolars) used like 47 ohm or so - which you may need to review the jumpers that send RF over FROM Driver TO Finals.

Tinytraces.jpg

Since you're doing the "dual-ly" there may be a jumper or trace you left in there connected...they are tiny...

Click Here to See how Connex Does it

Hope this helps!
    Regards!
    Drive Safe
    :+> Andy <+:

5. loosecannon

loosecannon Sr. Member

if this is a single final to dual final type of mod, there is a jumper that needs to be added, but isn't in any of the instructions i've seen. JP91? can't remember.
    LC

6. Low_Boy

Low_Boy Active Member

Yesterday was another long day. Didn't get a chance to look at the radio that much. But they're calling for rain this weekend so I don't have to worry about doing yard work ,so I could do radio work instead. I will be at it tonight and tomorrow. I was kind of thinking the exact same thing I left something in or forgot a
    jumper. If there's a jumper they didn't mention that's supposed to be in there that's the one I forgot. Only had a quick chance to look at it with a magnifier while eating dinner .Thanks for the help