• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfet PC78 Elite issues

GrandNational

Dec 30, 2018
Merica
I’m having a problem finding the correct info on installing a mosfet in my elite. I ordered a kit for the 68/78 not realizing that they had changed that much. I caught the change when I went to use a kit for the cobra platform and notice something wasn’t right. Any help would be appreciated.

Best bet is to just buy the 1969 final or whatever stock final that you blew. Less hassle, less work, and you won't really see much of an increase in power with a mosfet anyway.

Can't find a schematic for that radio that has a mosfet final.
Only latest schematic I found has the 2sc2078 final and the 2sc1957 driver.
Maybe some of the gurus have a better schematic for it when they read this post.

With the Mosfets, the parts I fuss with is getting the gate voltage right. Normally I make a divider off an 8 volt TX source for 3.8 volts and the rest is just fine tuning the surrounding impedances, which normally is a few hundred picofarads here or there. In the 29's I've done, I never add any caps , just the bias on the gate. I dislike those EKL self biasing circuits.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?