• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mosfets in a Galaxy DX 88

Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah, blah, blah.......... So whats so bad about tinkering on ones radio? I like to experiment... Sure i've blowed up a few radios in my time but its how i learn. Its how i roll man!

LOL, then why ask, go for it. I'm just trying to keep it real. Since you already did a 77 then it should be the same for an 88. The Galaxy 77,88, & 99 final section was the same.

As far as the 200 more watts comment.......that all depends on what the first wattage reading was. If you were at 100 and you improve to 300 watts then YES WOW, cool. People will notice.

If you were at say 600 watts and you made the MIGHTY jump to 800 watts GUESS WHAT? .....................NO ONE will even notice..lol. But if you like seeing that number on your watt meter then you can feel good about it at least.

Whatever............. I don't need to worry 'bout it anymore cause i traded the radio for a Uniden HR 2510.

As for watching the meter swing why do u assume that i like that? Sounds like you are assuming im just another dumbass cber.....

No the 200 watt and swing part was to the person that said that would make a big difference into an amplifier.

That sounds like an outstanding trade for you getting a 2510 like that. Very cool. I guess I should have done a double quote so you would know what paragraph was for you and which two were not.

The 2510 was the better deal... iIve never really been into galaxy DX mobiles but i ran across the 88 in a deal.

Yup I understand. I have had two 88's, a 99, a95T, and a 33 over the years. They are fun to mess with but I moved em all down the road. Today I talk 80% SSB so I don't have much use for a Galaxy radio at all unless I want to go sailboating.

No the 200 watt and swing part was to the person that said that would make a big difference into an amplifier.

That sounds like an outstanding trade for you getting a 2510 like that. Very cool. I guess I should have done a double quote so you would know what paragraph was for you and which two were not.

I don't care about swing, I talk ssb. I made a statement about a high drive amp and the difference in input power. Which I own a high drive tube amp. I also own 4 2510's. Just saying, relax.

Yup I understand. I have had two 88's, a 99, a95T, and a 33 over the years. They are fun to mess with but I moved em all down the road. Today I talk 80% SSB so I don't have much use for a Galaxy radio at all unless I want to go sailboating.

I remember when i got my first Galaxy in about 1994 and i thought it was an awesome radio, that is until i TRIED to use it on SSB..... :eek:

Maybe because a radio that has been screwed with and breaks and is back in the box is even more boring.

The difference between a "Tinkerer" and a regular radio operator is the regular operator has 2 closets full of clothes and other household items and the "Tinkerer" has 2 closets full of broken parts radios. :laugh:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.