• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Most excellent 10/11 opening this morning

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Listening to 38 LSB around 7 am today. It was extremely quiet, then my room was filled with Irish accents. Looked at the scope and it started filling up with signals. Made a few contacts, then dialed up to 10 meters. Scored two CW contacts before moving up to phone.

I know it's not unusual, but the eerie calm before the sudden burst, was a welcomed change. I was hoping 6 meters was open. I heard a few dudes in New England talking about their opening on 6, into Europe yesterday. I'd liked to have scored some of that in my mobile. I've been having bone feelings about 6 meters lately. I think we're in for some good ones in the near future.

Last edited:

It was in n out here yesterday 10 and 11 meters

worked all Europe on 6/10/12/15 this week.
Was really fun, good solid signals lasting for hours.

Adding, just running 200 watts from the Yaesu FT 2000-D, in or the Imax 2000 or theFritzel FD-4 OCF antenna.
The Imax 2000 was just replaced after the old one broke in a sstorm after 18 years, replaced by another spare one painted in 2 layers of polyester paint.
Also replaced an 2/70 antenna by the Diamond X510N fed with ultra low loss Ecoflex 15 cable and N connectors.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated