• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motormaul AC or DC

cswguy

Jun 13, 2011
Oshawa Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Im really confused here (Does not take much LOL)

I am looking on purchasing a 400 AMP maul from a user on here, but the maul shows DC VOLTS on the meter on the front, and the remote is digital with 80-15 METER written on the remote and a MIN-MAX and ON & OFF.

The maul is BLUE and the remote is SILVER....

Ive never seen an amp thats blue all over and a digital remote....

Please help me in the purchase.

Ive attached a photo for you all to see so I can get an idea on what to do...

^^ ab v c^^:bdh:

Cheers

(Duane)

Attachments

• maul.JPG
    maul.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 66

The maul was built by somebody not on the main list of builders so it looks different..As for the remote, it was actually a small amp that has been gutted and turned in to a remote.

The maul could work well or it could blow up (malfunction) and damage your equipment and your vehicle..It's a gamble you have to be willing to take..

If Boo built it it's gonna be good.
Ive got a couple of amps Steve did and they're excellent. At least he use to do great work. :)

Make sure you put a fuse on EVERY power line if you use a motor maul. One bad solenoid and you'll be on the phone with the Fire Dept and your insurance company.
It is a really idiotic design being the remote doesn't have a variable on it......absolutely stupid.

Plus the controller is an amp converted.

Nothing wrong with re-cycling the case of a old messenger, I know that Boo has built amps in other cases, Texas Star, so on, so I do not see why he would not reuse a good metal case..
Boo is a member here, if you search a bit I think he has his contact info on his member profile, e mail him and ask him about it.

Psyco, looks like the Vari is on the case....set it and forget it.
Might be better that way.
( I NEED MORE POWER TURN THE DAMN CONTROL ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT I DONT CARE IF THE VOLT METER IS PEGGED)
Me, Myself If that Amp you are planning to run IS a 1X4X16 all in one case,you do NOT want to volt it, only the final amp (16 pill) should be bumped.
If you try to volt the whole box this is what you can expect......
A Amp like that takes some serious work, in my opinion the motor maul is a band-aid....to do that right you need a couple of Alts and brackets and and and.

Jeff

Attachments

• badnight.jpg
    badnight.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 5
Nothing wrong with re-cycling the case of a old messenger, I know that Boo has built amps in other cases, Texas Star, so on, so I do not see why he would not reuse a good metal case..
Boo is a member here, if you search a bit I think he has his contact info on his member profile, e mail him and ask him about it.

Psyco, looks like the Vari is on the case....set it and forget it.
Might be better that way.
( I NEED MORE POWER TURN THE DAMN CONTROL ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT I DONT CARE IF THE VOLT METER IS PEGGED)
Me, Myself If that Amp you are planning to run IS a 1X4X16 all in one case,you do NOT want to volt it, only the final amp (16 pill) should be bumped.
If you try to volt the whole box this is what you can expect......
A Amp like that takes some serious work, in my opinion the motor maul is a band-aid....to do that right you need a couple of Alts and brackets and and and.

Jeff

Motormauls are not precision power supplies, the voltage will vary a little bit and the variable should be on the remote. If you run the maul at 16 volts and the voltage moves to 17 volts, that doubles the chances that you will burn a final.
Motormaul....4-8 batteries, not me brother.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.